Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lemon Ginger Tea - Cold Remedy






Since about middle of last week I have been battling with a cold (not really fun) and haven't been able to do much training. I have been spending a fair bit of time in bed but the thing that seems to be speeding up the recovery process is my lemon ginger tea because due to the New York marathon approaching fast my goal is to be back to my training at the very latest mid week next week.

The ginger in the tea can burn a little in your throat if you battling with a cold due to its anti bacterial properties but it will also give your immune system a boost over time enabling your body to fight colds more effectively.

I love to enjoy my lemon ginger tea in my Garfield mug; my favourite mug! Makes it so much more special and I feel better looking at the cup instantly.

Here is what you need to make this natural cold remedy

  • 1 small apple
  • 3cm piece of ginger (of smaller if that is what you can handle)
  • half a lemon
  • half a cup of warm/hot water
  • one teaspoon of honey
  1. First juice the apple, ginger and lemon.
  2. Add the warm water and mix in a teaspoon of honey.
 
 
What are your favourite natural remedies/recipes for colds and flu?

I hope this recipe will also help you recover faster so that you can enjoy more of the good things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button