Saturday, September 8, 2012

My new toy: the Magic Bullet

At the beginning of the week I ordered myself a Magic Bullet. You may think why if she already has a Thermomix. Well since our US trip and especially the New York Marathon is coming closer, I have been looking for a way to help me keep up my healthy eating habits even when I am overseas.

In the past I have found this to be quite challenging and I have been coming back from trips with pimples in my face, rashes or my feet looked really bad. That is usually a way how I can tell on how well I am eating. Or another good one is how soft my hair feels. That might sound funny but honestly if I give my body all the nutrients it requires, for me personally my green smoothies make all the difference, my body is in a much better condition.

I also find the nutrition is a key factor in the recovery from all the training I have been doing in preparation for the New York Marathon. Currently we run every single day, that is 7 days a week and cover anywhere between about 40 to 50kms, plus I also include three weight sessions to ensure I build overall strength and balance in the body.


So today I finally received my new baby or toy; the Magic Bullet. It's always like Christmas for me, anything food or health or fitness related just gets me fired up massively. Other people might travel with a small hair dryer, but I travel with a blender from now. This blender is going to be travelling with me or at least that is the intention subject to how we go in the US later this year. It came with a little recipe booklet with lots of 10 second recipes, lots of easy and great ideas especially for entertaining. I loved the 7 minutes to a cocktail party, very interesting concept.

I didn't quite try the cocktail party tonight but after my weights workout I made myself some scrambled eggs, Magic Bullet style. This meant that I used the following:
  • 1/4 of a big red chilli
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 2 rashers of bacon
  • a small piece of ginger
I pulsed all of the above about 5-6 times until it was finely chopped.

Next I added one tablespoon of soy sauce and three eggs and pulsed the whole lot another three times.

Finally I just finished it off using the pan and oh my the taste was simply amazing! Sort of like an Asian style scrambled eggs with a kick of ginger and chilli; oh yum!

I was definitely impressed how my quick dinner turned out and will try out tomorrow how making my green smoothie goes in the Magic Bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button