Sunday, July 7, 2013

Back from my travels plus Berry Protein and Poppy Seed Smoothie!


It has been a while since my last post because I have been away traveling for three weeks in Europe. We spent a few days in London, which we absolutely fell in love with. We stayed in Notting Hill just around the corner from Jamie Oliver's restaurant. The food was so good that we ended up going there multiple times. Below is a picture of one of our meals there; an amazing Thai curry that we enjoyed there.
 






Another one of our favourite places was Wholefoods in Kensington. So much choice in different foods from around the globe including freshly prepared. Above Wholefoods there is even a raw foods restaurant called SAF but you can also buy there amazing raw foods cakes in Wholefoods. We loved the raw hazelnut torte and the raw tiramisu cake! One word: Amazing!!!
 





After our stay in London I spent a few days in Wellingborough at the Juice Academy run by Jason Vale. This is part of my Natural Juice Therapist course and amounts to half of the course which I am required to do in order to become qualified. I am now working towards completion of the other half of the course and at this stage it is my goal to complete this before we go to run the New York Marathon closer to the end of the year. I would highly recommend the academy, it is great to be with so many like minded people and the energy is out of this word! Jason is one of the most energetic and passionate people I have seen and loves to share his knowledge.





The final stop was Germany close to the Black Forrest where we enjoyed lots of time with my husbands wonderful family and also caught up with our friends there. We loved every moment of it and came back with lots of beautiful moments or memories to treasure. This is the gorgeous view from my parents in law's balcony: such a beautiful way to wake up and enjoy my breakfast!





As promised here is my delicious berry and poppy seed smoothie recipes that I created yesterday morning to spice up my breakfast to try something a little different.




Ingredients

  • 30g sunflower seeds
  • 30g oats
  • 3 tbsp poppy seeds
  • 1 cup frozen blueberries
  • 100g frozen acai puree
  • 1 orange, peeled and cut in quarters
  • 1 tbsp raw honey
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tsp green powder (spirulina, chlorella, wheatgrass or if you prefer a blend)
  • 1 MC water
  1. First grind the sunflower seeds, oats and poppy seeds for 30 seconds on speed 10.
  2.  Add all other ingredients and blend for one minute on speed 10.


 Did you know that poppy seeds?
  •  in Aryuveda are an all purpose tonic
  • can prevent kidney stones
  • contain iron, phosphorus and fiber

Please let me know how you like this recipe and any suggestions for future blog posts.

Enjoy your weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button