Sunday, July 14, 2013

Back on the run & Crisp Bread Recipe



During our trip we had a wonderful time catching up with loved ones and running came a little short. Since coming back we have run about 5 times a week and it feels so good to be back into it! The running comes easier and easier I think. In London I got myself a little souvenir from a Vibram Shop that was right in the middle of a massive shopping center we went to. I got myself my first pair of Five Fingers! My Five Fingers are in a gorgeous orange and aqua colour; well I love colours that stand out and look fun.

Manuel has had his Five Fingers pair for quite some time now and loves them so I thought it was time to give them a go. I have used sandals for some runs but what I didn't like about was that if you run on certain surfaces you may get little stones between your feet and the soles which meant in the past I had to stop quite a few times during my run. Not a lot of fun!

This week I am planning to try them out on a longer run which might end up to be about 19kms along the beach so that I also get to enjoy the view of the ocean. The ocean is like magic to me, it can feel like a mini holiday for the body and I often come back refreshed! I will keep you updated how I progress with my Five Fingers, they might become my choice for the NY marathon this year.


This week I tried something a little different in the kitchen because I have heard a fair bit of bad feedback on instant yeast. I made my own crisp bread using amaranth, sunflower seeds and polenta. The sunflower seeds gave it a deliciously irresistible  nutty taste.

Here is the recipe for my crisp bread
  • 25g amaranth
  • 175 sunflower seeds
  • 50g polenta
  • 250g water
  • pinch of salt
  1. First mill the amaranth and sunflower seeds for 20 seconds on speed 10.
  2. Add all other ingredients into the bowl and process for another 20 seconds on speed 4.
  3. Spread (3-5mm thick) on a with baking paper lined baking tray (you will need to break it into individual pieces later) or you can spread it into circular or rectangular individual crisp breads. Obviously with the second method this will take you a lot longer. I prefer easy, fast and a little rustic looking.
  4. Bake for 40 minutes on 200 degrees.

I spread my crisp bread with some raw honey and cottage cheese but you can just creative and enjoy it any way you like. Perhaps topped with some fresh vegetables or you favourite homemade dip?




What are your favourite crisp bread recipes?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button