Saturday, July 27, 2013

Warm Curry Quinoa Mushroom and Broccoli Salad Recipe



What a great week it has been! Powered through another three chapters for my Juice Therapy Qualification, caught up with many wonderful people and so much good as well as healthy food! And of course in between Manuel and I did some running too!

I went to a informative information night about Raindrop Technique which is essentially similar to some of the massage techniques out there and uses therapeutic grade essential oils from Young Living. To summarise it into a few words I was blown away with all the potential benefits and the whole room just smelled divine! I have ordered myself some of the Young Living oils and am having so much fun trying them out and using them for different purposes. Please feel free to let me know if you would like me to share more information on these in future posts.

This morning I enjoyed a chia pudding made with hazelnut and poppy seed milk. I also stirred through some vanilla bean paste and maple syrup. The vanilla and nutty flavours from the milk were a match made in heaven and kept me full until lunch time in combination with the fresh carrot, broccoli and lemon juice. If you nourish your body with the right foods it will shine for you!

As some of you would have seen on my Facebook Page I tried a new recipe for a warm quinoa salad with mushrooms and broccoli and even though it is fairly basic in the ingredients it was delicious with the warming curry spices, so satisfying on a colder winter's night. As promised I will be sharing this recipe with you in this post.

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cups dry quinoa
  • water 
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 onion
  • 1.5 tsp salt (or to taste)
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp turmeric powder
  • 4 large mushrooms, sliced
  • 200g broccoli florets 
  1. First place the dry quinoa in the bowl and cover with double the amount of water (you want to have a 2:1 ratio of water and quinoa)
  2. Cook the quinoa for 25 minutes on 100 degrees speed 1.
  3. Strain and set aside in your ThermoServer.
  4. Next add the onion and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
  5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
  6. Next add the coconut oil, spices, broccoli and mushrooms.
  7. Saute for 10 minutes on 100 degrees reverse speed soft.
  8. Mix with the quinoa and serve warm!

What foods do you enjoy most in winter?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button