Monday, September 30, 2013

Slow Cooked Chicken with Anti Inflammatory Spices




For anyone that doesn't have a Thermomix there is amazing recipes out there that are easy to prepare and absolutely delicious! We don't eat much meat anymore but I recently caught up with a friend that follows more of a Paleo diet and she told me about all the amazing food that she is enjoying which inspired me to pick up a free range chicken today at our store around the corner.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with it first but found this really easy clean eating recipe using the slow cooker and since mine isn't getting much used anymore since we got our Thermomix three years ago; today was the day for it to shine.

The chicken is coated with anti inflammatory spices such as turmeric, cumin, cayenne, paprika and I also added some ginger to it plus a little lemon juice. On the bottom I added a wide variety of vegetables we had left in the fridge; tomatoes, zucchini, garlic and carrot.

When we got back from our afternoon walk the whole house was filled with the smell of the spices, mainly paprika and we were counting down until dinner time. I have to say slow cooked chicken is just beautiful because it literally becomes so tender that it even falls of the bone and is full of moisture!

Below is the link to the original recipe and I hope that you will enjoy this as much as our household did!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button