Monday, October 13, 2014

Easy Indian Pumpkin Recipe



I love Indian food. How the spices and love that goes into the food preparation seem to nourish the body on many levels. I find the food balancing and grounding. My favourite spice is cumin, one of the many stars in this easy recipe. This Indian pumpkin is one of the recipes you want to bookmark for the days where you don't have the time to prepare a lengthy meal but still want to nourish your body.

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups of pumpkin
  • 2 tbsp of coconut oil
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp coriander
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • fresh coriander to garnish (optional)

  1. Chop the pumpkin into 1cm thick pieces.
  2. Melt the coconut oil in a big pan.
  3. Add the spices and stir so that the aroma can unfold.
  4. Add the pumpkin and stir.
  5. Cover and cook until the pumpkin is tender.
  6. Serve with fresh coriander and raw sauerkraut if you like.

Please comment below with any challenges you encounter in relation to healthy eating so that I can create posts to support you in becoming the best you can be.

If you are interested in my health coaching program please send me a message and I will get in touch with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button