Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sun-Dried Tomato Dip



I love when the smell of homemade potato wedges fills my house. Especially with rosemary sprinkled on top. Sometimes I use normal potatoes other days I use sweet potatoes. I love both.

The only problem is that tomato sauces or dips from the shops often have nasties in them such as additives, colours and so forth. Homemade is generally a better choice because you are in control of what goes into your food. It also gives you freedom. Freedom to combine different flavours you might never have tried before. The freedom to add health foods to your food.

In this tomato dip I combined fresh tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes. I made my own sun-dried tomatoes in my dehydrator but you could also buy them if you don't have that option available to you.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup re-hydrated sun-dried tomatoes
  • 3/4 cup fresh chopped tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1-2 tsp fresh basil leaves
  • 1/4 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  1. To re-hydrate the sun-dried tomatoes cover them with water while you add your other ingredients in your food processor.
  2. Add all ingredients apart from the tomatoes into your food processor and pulse together.
  3. Discard the water and add the sun-dried tomatoes.
  4. Add the fresh tomatoes.
  5. Process until it results into a rough dip.
  6. If you prefer you can add a little water in order to make a smoothie consistency.
  7. Serve with some freshly made wedges out of the oven.
  8. Enjoy!

Please share this recipe with your friends and family and let me know how you liked it in the comments below.


 P.S. For the next three days you can purchase my cookbook by paying what you can afford. I have set a minimum price of $3 to cover my costs. Click on store in the header or on the side menu. My hope is to reach as many people as possible and inspire others. Your self respect and self love is reflected in the choices you make. Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print/PDF Button